Be As You Are

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

This Week in Maggie-Land....

So, life has been hectic since my birthday -

On my actual birthday we all went out to the North End and ate really good food and it was awesome, and I got drunk. I got lots of nice gifts and still have to send thank you cards...

Then on the 11th Rich's mom had a party for me - it was really nice and I got lots of nice gifts, and it was great to be the center of attention for another day. :) I will certainly do well as a bride since it doesn't bother me to be the center of attention. Wow, that sounds conceited... Rewind - let me explain. Recently it has come to my attention, that some people don't like to be the center of attention - like at Bridal and Baby Showers. I think I can handle it to a degree - like for weddings and child birth. I don't strive to be the center of attention in all situations, only the ones that are forgivable - like my birthday. OK, that being said, I am not a conceited bitch, just a very sociable person. :)

Then this weekend we had a Blizzard, which as much as Sunday was a hassle, I don't think amounted to that much stress on Monday. Thanks for the DPW and the private contractors, I got to work in no time. And to Lowell to see Mo (and Martina) on Monday, which should have been Sunday night, but Mother Nature (and Martina) said nope! Mo surprised me with tickets to go see Martina McBride for my combo Christmas/Birthday present which was amazing. Although we sat in traffic for over an hour while already in Lowell, and missed the opening act (The Warren Brothers) the night was awesome. Good music, a good friend and a good hot dog. :) So, this is a very special "THANK YOU" shout out to Mo, who over did it in a BIG way to make Christmas and 25 an extra special birthday for me. The only thing better would have been an NSYNC reunion show with Katie and my sisters in tow. :)

So, I am watching Jean's daughter Alyssa until Friday AM. We woke up late this AM which was a catastrophe, but we made it the bus stop on time, so that was a plus. Talk about melt down! It could have been worse, but man was she freakin'! When I say late I mean 7:06 when I thought the bus came at 7:15, when in reality it comes at 7:30..... little did I know. But we made it. And tonight is an early to bed night for sure!

Anyways, I have to get going with my day, so more later! (Or in a week or two....)

4 Comments:

  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Mo said…

    no....THANK YOU!!!!!!! especially for taking that "group photo" when they asked you to. you are so nice:)

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, Maggie, if you are engaged, or are going to be soon, START PLANNING TODAY!!! Everything is soooo time consuming. I lucked out on a lot of things, but it's hard work. Especially registering. And hey, do the flowers early, i think that has been the most annoying thing thus far.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Mo said…

    liz-if the flowers are done...it's time to start thinking shoes!! hahahahaha!! get on it!! hahahahaha!!

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger LizFwiz said…

    Mo, flower's aren't even close to being done. I'm still working on registering, what a nightmare. Shoes will have to wait.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home