Be As You Are

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Another Year Gone... Or One Just Starting... Guess It Depends On How You Look At It

Wow, I woke up this AM and I was 25.... you really do wake up older.

So far my birthday has been great and it's only 10am.... Yesterday Gerard, Janine and Kathryn had a little birthday party for me at work - complete with cake from Konditor Meister. It was marble cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream frosting with chocolate dipped strawberries on top and chocolate shavings and it was INCREDIBLE. Gerard had to drive to get it and was gone for two hours due to traffice - what a good cousin/boss.... and Gerard and Janine gave me a gift certificate for a manicure and a pedicure at Keldara Salon and Day Spa. I am so excited to use that!

I also had dinner with my family last night... even though Kerry is away at school and my mom is in the Dominican Republic; Stevie, Patsy, Rich, my Dad and I had a great dinner... my dad made veal and eggplant parm, and meatballs, sausage, ziti, mozzarella sticks and had an ice cream cake for me... it was realy nice to spend some time with the family and eat great food.

My mom just called from the Dominican Republic to wish me a Happy Birthday. It was probably a $90 phone call! :) She's going to be home on Monday night with a present for me. Can't wait to see what she picked up - I love stuff from trips. You can find some really interesting things in other parts of the world!

Anyways, tonight we are going to go to Cantina Italiana in the North End. It is a great little restraunt that Rich took me to on my birthday the first year we were together... It is so cute and it had GREAT food, relatively inexpensive given that it's the North End and it's a Phantom Gourmet Great Ate, so you know it's good.... There are 15 of us going tonight! I can't believe the guy didn't faint when I called to make the reservation!

Back in January when Janine and I joined the gym I thought it would be a good idea to not get on the scale until my birthday.... so I figured I would get on it this AM before my shower and things look good - even after dinner and two cakes I have lost 7.9 pounds since January 1st. I did cheat and get on the scale last week, so I kind of knew what to expect, but it still makes me very happy.... I had wanted to look 10 pounds by my birthday, but I will certainly take 7.9 pounds! Every little bit helps. My new goal is 10 pounds by Saint Patrick's Day, and I will try my best not to get on the scale until March 17th... not that it's not tempting! Well, it is and it isn't.... when I am making positive progress I want to get on the scale... when I am cheating and eating cake for breakfast (don't think I didn't) it's easier not to want to get on the scale...

Anyways, I have to go clean up this messy house and get ready for my first day of being 25.

Have a good day! I think I am going to!
Love ya! More later!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home