Be As You Are

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lots to write home about!

Let's see... since I last blogged I have:

Switched jobs...
Went to two weddings...
Went on a ten day vacation...
Officially became a full time student...


Let's elaborate:

Switched jobs... At the end of May I decided to give notice that I was going to be taking classes and soon could no longer work the hours I had been. Long story short, we parted ways June 1st in a less than comfortable way, but the more I look at it, the better I feel about it. I was good at my job, but it's not what I wanted to be doing in my heart of hearts, so it was an ok decision for me to leave. I would have liked to work out my notice, but in hindsight it would have sucked to work so many hours over the summer. I am now working at the Goddard House Assisted Living 4 days a week and at Brannelly's on the bar Mondays and waitressing 2 - 4 nights a week.... it's paying the bills for now!

Went to two weddings... On June 18th, I adventured to Falmouth, MA to witness Meghan and Andrew come together as husband and wife. It was a fantastic affair. The weather cooperated after all the rain we got, it wasn't too hot but it was sunny and beautiful. The dresses were a gorgeous navy blue and Meghan's gown was to die for. The entire bridal party looked amazing and it was a lot of fun. The Saint A's crowd was all there and it was great to see everyone. (I took NO pictures, can you believe it?!)

On July 8th, I traveled to New Port Richey, FL to witness Elizabeth and Wes come together as husband and wife. It was another amazing day. I got an insiders ticket for the getting ready stages of the wedding with the bride and the bridesmaid's. I even got to do some makeup! I did take pictures (lots and lots) of the rehearsal dinner, the getting ready, and of course, the reception! I will have a link up to snapfish soon, but here are some pictures to quell your desire....

Maureen, Elizabeth and Peggy after Peggy caught the bouquet!


Me, Julie and Mo at the wedding towards the end of the night!

Elizabeth and I before the reception.

By far the best shot I got all weekend... the Father/Daughter dance.
A candid shot of the flower girls on the way into the church!

As you can see, the Bridesmaid's wore yellow and the dresses were absolutely beautiful. I especially liked the flower girl's dresses. Brier and Taylor were SO SO SO cute! Pictures do nothing to show how excited they were to be a part of Elizabeth's special day.

Went on a ten day vacation... The vacation started on the July 5th when Mo and I landed in Orlando. We rented a car (never use Thrifty... the employ bitchy customer service reps.... trust me) and started the trek to the Tampa area for the wedding. Not able to find a Chik-fil-A we went to Steak 'N Shake.... which as good as it is, will never take the place of Chik-fil-A in my book. Then we made it to check in at the hotel and see the family. Lots of family and friends from the NorthEast were in the area for the wedding so we went to see the Red Sox play the Devil Rays on Thursday the 6th. Before we got there the boys were in a little slump... about to get swept by the D-Rays... but leave it to Mo, Nancy, Julie and myself along with Peggy, John, Fred and Anthony to being some much needed luck to the boys. The Sox won that night and all the idiots with brooms looked like they worked for maintenance. HA!

On Friday the 7th, after the wedding rehearsal and dinner a bunch of us went to the hotel lounge for drinks and kareoke. Nancy, Julie and I went up and sang a few songs. We were the life of the geriatric prom... let me tell you our ages combined were still younger than about 95% of the people in there. The only group under 70 years old was our table!

Obviously, the wedding was the 8th and I had a blast. The Tarpey and Pipe families are awesome, they threw an amazing rehearsal dinner and wedding reception and it was flawless start to finish. As someone who loves food and wants to make it a career... the food was great! The chicken cordon bleu that I had was moist and yummy. Not always the case when you are cooking for the masses, but the Spartan Manor did an awesome job by my standards!

The 9th was move to SummerBay day! We had to leave most of the family who were going home, but Maureen's aunt Julie and uncle Paul came with us to SummerBay. Later, Arlene and Anthony and Mary and her boys would join us. It was a long tiring day but we got to the pool ASAP and the stress of driving melted away.

The 10th through the 15th are a blur of pool time, mass alcohol consumption, sunbathing, SeaWorld (I forgot that Atlantis is a flume and a rollercoaster.... well I didn't really, I just forgot how shit-my-pants-scared I get!!!) good laughs, WalMart, finding a Chik-fil-A, more pool time, a missing $40 and an "I feel so dirty" laughter moment. I was sad to see the week end, but have lots of pictures and great memories. Thank you again for having me, Tarpey Family!

Officially became a full time student... While I was away Rich paid my deposit so I am officially a part of Johnson and Wales Culinary Arts program. I start on September 5th. Orientation is the 2nd and the 3rd of September.... which are the days of Danielle and Chad's wedding and of Vito and Jillian's wedding... both of which we RSVP'd to not thinking that it would be orientation time.... ooops. I will figure that out.... but it's official. I am a full time student. AHHHHHHHHHHHH! What the hell was I thinking?!

So, I hope that answers what the hell have I been up to! More later!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger JoviFan said…

    Great entry, Maggie. Have you checked out my wedding blog? Its a few entries back now, but make sure you give it a read!
    Nants

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger LizFwiz said…

    Thanks for the props mags. Thank you for all you did with the wedding. My makeup was phenominal because of you. I heard you have tons of great photo's that I can't wait to see. Can't wait till it's baby time, I have a personal photographer, makeup artist and True Friend! Love ya like a sister

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would love a copy of those pictures! I'm maryanne, Maureen's cousin. my email is avienda33@aol.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home